INTERTANKO members and associate members, please enter INTERTANKO as Promotional Code during checkout for 50% OFF.
1. A brief summary / overview of the Maritime Labour Convention "ILO180"
2. A summary of the ILO180 definitions, work and rest hours requirements
3. A summary of the STCW work and rest hours requirements
4. An explanation of the current minimum safe manning certificate
5. Broad general guidelines regarding manning levels
6. Guidelines for compliance with requirements
7. Implementation of ILO 180 hours of work or rest
8. Maintaining records/endorsement monitoring/auditing
9. Watch keeping patterns
10. Optional watch keeping systems
11. Comments on the EU Directive
12. Providing evidence of compliance for PSC
Title: INTERTANKO Guidance Booklet on Seafarers' Hours of Work and Rest (ILO 180 / MLC 2006) (eBook)
Number of Pages: 52
Product Code: WS1024EA
Published Date: April 2008
To access the eBook, you need to install our free Windows eBook Reader.
The application can be downloaded from:
Standalone eBooks are supplied with 1 licence + 1 backup and are not transferable between platforms.
Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) and virtual environments are not supported.
The Windows eBook Reader works with Windows XP or later OS (but not Windows RT).
See more details.
To access the eBook, you need to install the free Witherby Reader from
the iOS App Store.
iPad eBooks are supplied with 1 licence + 1 backup and are not transferable between platforms.
The iPad application works with iOS 6 or above (iPad 2 or later, iPad mini, not iPhone).
See more details.
Cloud (online) eBooks:
The Cloud (online) eBooks use Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin to deliver the best possible reading experience with the ability to work in offline mode.
It is an annual subscription service (i.e. each eBook is purchased for 1 year of use).
Online licences are not transferrable to Windows or iPad (or vice-versa).
Silverlight is compatible with the major web browsers used on Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
However it is not supported on Linux, Android, Windows RT and iPad devices and therefore the Cloud eBooks use an HTML site in these instances.
The HTML site is more restricted than the Silverlight version.
See www.microsoft.com/silverlight/what-is-silverligh and more details.
Note for Mac Users:
Mac users can read Windows eBooks with Boot Camp or using virtual machines such as Parallels Desktop, Virtual Box, ...
Alternatively, Cloud (online) eBooks are accessible on Mac, including the Silverlight plugin with offline mode.
Note for Linux Users:
Linux users can read Windows eBooks using a virtual PC.
Alternatively, the HTML version of the Cloud (online) eBooks is accessible.
Note for Android and Windows RT Users:
Non-iOS tablets owners can use the HTML version of the Cloud (online) eBooks.