INTERTANKO members and associate members, please enter INTERTANKO as Promotional Code during checkout for 50% OFF.
INTERTANKO believe that it is essential that the industry responds quickly and effectively to an industry incident not only to minimise the risks of human life and damage to the environment, but also to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect the industry’s public image. These guiding principles have been produced to help the international shipping industry contribute to this objective.
The publication includes a case study, for training purposes, on the needs and effects of incident management and media response plans using the Sea Empress incident as an example.
(Guide of 24 pages + the comprehensive case study).
- Purpose and scope of the Guide
- Efthimios Mitropoulos, IMO Secretary-General: be prepared
CRISIS, WHAT CRISIS?
- be open; be accessible; be prompt – media comment
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PRINCPLES
- General emergency management principles including charts
CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS PRINCIPLES
- General crisis communications principles including charts
- No two incidents are the same and few are ‘orthodox’. This case study for training purposes offers an insight on how the Sea Empress incident was handled, and the pressures that the operator and his staff had face.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS PROCESS
- This section guides the reader through the process in the form of a checklist highlighting what every company should have in place.
Title: INTERTANKO Guiding Principles to Emergency Management and Crisis Communications
Number of Pages: 24
Product Code: WS1029K
Published Date: January 2004
Weight: 0.12 kg